Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SIT: Saturday .... Part 3/4

On Saturday everyone involved in SIT was together for a day of workshops, show bags, prizes, sharing ideas, working alongside each other!
Kathy from Material Obsession was very generous with her time:She ran workshops all day on a few different piecing techniques!I went to her chat about using the 60 degree ruler & how to use this to make triangles & diamonds & then how to use these in various interesting patterns ... & she is very strong on encouraging everyone to find their own inner style & then push those boundaries .... Cath (who I think works with Kathy at MO or is a Patchwork Quilting Instructor maybe?) was working on this piece below: .... she had seen the bed runner
(Pic below was actually taken by Michelle)that I actually completed all the quilting stitches on during the session .... anyway she made a point to show me what she was doing ... its design inspiration comes from her interpretation of an art work by the artist 'Hundertwasser' ... I really respond to this way of working with fabric & creating texture with thread & am very excited to find some other people working in this way!
Below: Bron from 'Whippet Good'
(my friend who was involved with me in the Red & Aqua Block Swap 2010)
Bron worked some on her cathedral windows ...Below: Bron & I working away ... Pic courtesy of Sandy
Below: Leah from 'Puggle Logic"
was carefully hand piecing this fussy cut BOM ... love the extrodinary fabric choices!
looking forward to seeing it complete one day Leah! Thanks for sharing!
(Leah was also in my sample gift swap ... have a look on her blog!)


Below: Marina from 'Wink Designs'
was sitting next to me most of the day ... she was hand piecing these v cute little hexagons!
When complete they will become a lovely rainbow!

Below: One of the Owl-y Mini Quilts
that I made for our Sample Gift Swap organised by Cass
Below: the items I was given in return in the swap!
V cool thing to do!
Made by:
Jen (Cute Patchwork Coasters),
Leah (Funky Patchwork Basket),
Susan (Beaded Lavender Bag),
Christy (Gorgeous Girls Baby Bonnet),
Sandy (Adorable Felt Flower Pincushion)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So lovely to meet you on the weekend Wendy, I have serious craft envy of your bed runner, will keep checking back to see the finished product! xoxo Claire

Marina said...

It was lovely to sit next to you and chat Wendy. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your weekend.

Let me know about the skirt testing and if you're still keen (and I'll send you the info)!