Thursday, January 14, 2010

1.2.3. Let's play ....

Come play....
"i.spy swap"
with me!

I joined in Care's I-Spy Swap back in Sept09
& had loads of fun both putting together my swap fabrics
& playing with the 200 squares when they all arrived!
Here is my layout so far for my
Picnic Rainbow I Spy Quilt ...
Care has put together another swap but .....
with only a few places available
sadly
they were all filled up

over night while I was sleeping!
So I missed out!
.... ahhh ohhhhh sniff!

&
So I'm putting together an "i.spy swap" for Aussies &
... International Swappers are most welcome also!

THE BASICS:

Post 200 squares to me by February 3rd.
Receive 200 squares in return,
all different,
by Valentine's Day!

Fun
Quick
Rewarding
& Easy!


THE DETAILS:

1- WHO? With the K.I.S.S principle in mind .... I'll keep this swap small-ish!
The first 19 people to leave a comment are in! If you're 'blog-less' then leave a comment anyway & sign your name then follow up with an email! artwendy@bigpond.net.au
[International Swappers are most welcome -- but please mail your fabrics a little earlier so there's plenty of time to meet our deadline! & I will invoice you the return postage via PayPal - so easy!]

All Aussies -- Please include a stamped self addressed envelope!
Copy & Paste my "Let's play... i.spy" button from above & attach to your side bar on your blog . . . tell your friends as they won't want to miss out ....

2 - Quantity? Cut 20 4" squares out of each of 10 different novelty print fabrics =200 A 1/4-yard (30cm) cut or fat quarter will get you x20 4" squares, so you will be purchasing a total of about 2 1/2 yards of fabric. This is NOTHING when you think about all the different squares you will be getting back!

3- Fabrics? Please choose fabric designs that you would like to receive yourself & be sure to pick FUN ones!... of quilting quality...
If you love it, the other swappers will love it too!

Remember that we are looking for fabric with 'i.spy' objects on it, not printy-prints. (A fabric with FLOWERS on it is very different from a FLORAL PRINT.) There are lots of great choices out there! Have fun!
No "licensed" prints: No Disney, Dora, Barbie, Footy, Basketball etc. Thankyou

4- Cutting! Remember the seam allowances are included! You're cutting all squares @4" . . . . but be sure you can clearly see the "i.spy" object within a central 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square!
Cut carefully to preserve each image -- This may mean you need to 'fussy-cut' & depending on your fabric choice, you may need to buy more than 1/4 yard (30cm) in order to get an object into each cut square.)


So 'Come & play",
simply leave a comment here
that includes your email address!!


FIRST 19 commenters are IN!
If you've never done a swap before this is the perfect one to start with!
I can hardly wait ... you can see I have a few more blank spots ...

20 comments:

Care said...

Yippee! I love your button!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am i the FIRST one in? Besides you of course??? HOW FUN will this be??? I am STOKED!!!! Sam xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kathleen said...

Oh yes I want to play! I was going to do this next on my blog.... now I don't have to wait!!!

Foster Momma said...

I would love to participate!!! Now I just have to figure out to post it on my blog...

Katherine said...

Ok still debating about getting my blog up and running again but can I play? I always seem to think of that I spy sway you did (was it with Care?)

Anyhow, can I join in? I think I will need to re-read these instructions....LOTS but count me in!!

Very exciting!!

Sara said...

Add me please :)

Diane said...

never done this before, but what the heck, I'm in. I could not find the deadline listd, did I miss it? Also, any idea what the postage from US is?

Wendy Hue said...

May I join in? I think this sounds like loads of fun!

Wendy

Marion said...

Hello,

Could I join it too? I am from Germany.
Please tell me, if I can take part.

Marion

Anonymous said...

can i play?
I'm in Jerusalem, Israel and would love to take part...

Wendy said...

I'd love to join in!

Wendy

Anonymous said...

Hi Arty Wendy Just luv to join in this I spy swap- not done it before either, but can't wait to see the result.
Joyjoyjoy - Rhonda

Wanda said...

If there is still room...I would like to join, Please?

Karen said...

I'll play! can I? Can I?

Jennifer said...

I would like to join as well! Thanks,
rodvold@clearwire.net

Eva said...

I'd like to play too :)

Eva

handmadebeginnings (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

This sounds AMAZING!!! I so want to be in!!!!! I've never done a swap! I've just started a blog (it is a sad lonely neglected little place right now) and I am just learning to quilt. My kids favorite go to game is I-Spy. How much better could it be??

Amelia said...

I would love to join this swap! I have never done a swap before! Thanks

Jenny said...

Am I too late?! Can I be in??!!

ARTwendy ... said...

Hi there Jenny - YES you can but can you please email me some details asap - Thanks
artwendy(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au
Very soon .... so no one else jumps in!
Ta
Wendy