Sunday, October 9, 2011

a handmade gift ... for Oscar

a really good friend of mine .... (her name is Wendy also!)
made this quilt for Oscar for when he was born
I have got to share this little story:
I've made it a little 'thing' of mine that 1st born babies of friends & families are given a cot sized quilt made by me ... now that is no revelation!
you can see some of these here & here & here & here & here
so my friend Wendy decided that i or rather our 1st born should have a special surprise quilt also .... but Wendy didn't sew back then ...
she signed herself up for a patchwork course, bought herself a machine the day before, rocked up to the classes not even knowing how to thread her own machine ... she tells me that she probably made the quilt twice as she un-picked most of it .... remembering to sew the right side of the fabric facing was apparently the 'issue' .... she had a friend help her to bind it after she had it professionally quilted ...it was a truly wonderful surprise & a heartfelt gift & we love it
i promised myself that i would take photos of Oscar with said quilt to show how he grows ... here are a few to fill in the story ...
 May 2008
10 days old
Aug 2008
10 weeks old
2008
Feb 2009
Aug 2009

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Oh that precious boy! I LOVE the quilt (always have) and Wendy. Well she is wonderful too as.are.you!!